How Great Thou Art

 



“When through the woods and forest glades I wander, and hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees…then sings my soul…how great thou art”

Connie and I are camping at Trap Pond State Park. The park is 45 minutes from home, yet seems miles away from work, local traffic and the news. So far the biggest excitement is swatting away the yellow jackets. 

We are camped on a site on a peninsula at the end of a loop. Last evening a blue heron joined us at dinner. We sat at our picnic table as the heron dined in the small inlet next to our site. 

After almost two years of dealing with the effects of multiple Important Issues at work (a growing regional theatre), including city zoning politics for our proposed new building, Covid, and a series of HR issues this summer, I give God thanks for a few days in the woods and forest glade, comforted by the gentle breeze. 

Wesley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going to the Dogs...

Greetings from South Carolina!

Thinking About Thanksgiving