Going to the Dogs...
The following blog is copied from an email I sent to the administrator at the Humane Animal Partners Rehoboth Adoption Center where I was a volunteer before we moved to South Carolina.
I now volunteer with the dogs at the Jayne Boswell Animal Shelter in Florence.
My latest project dog/best buddy is RuPaw.
He's two years old and very active. He does not have a show speed.
One of his favorite activities is shagging tennis balls with me.
Actually, it's try to get the tennis ball back after he's caught it.
Ru
is a puller on the leash. I tried your idea of treats from heaven and
calling his name to get him to come toward me. Complete fail for both.
Lol. I went to Google and found two new training possibilities: walk
and stop when pulled and turn and go the other direction when pulled. I
tried to stop when pulled on our Sunday walk. I give him a C- so far.
After several stops, he started turning back to look at me with a side
eye as if to say "really?"
The rest of the
residents are a cast of characters as well. It is said they don't get
any serious looks. Sigh. One of my Other Favorites is Patience.
Patience loves to do Zoomies in the shelter lobby when we get back from
our walk on the trail. I have been known to encourage this habit. FB video.
The
shelter manager and staff share my sense of humor and personification
of the dogs. Here are links to two of my favorites. In "not your daddy," the random reaction of the dogs in time with the narration is too funny. And Coldstone's post is likewise funny,
Happy Tails!


Comments
Post a Comment